Monday, October 8, 2007

Too Late to Play "Good Polititian"

I read that Commissioner Hammond is now
pushing strongly to have no county employees
be allowed to serve as elected officials. This of
course would oust me from this upcoming
election because I am a Knox County employee,
but lets look at what else it would do. It would
exclude over 2,000 Knox County citizens from
taking advantage of their RIGHT to run for office.
It would remove the insight into improper spending
within county departments that in some cases only
someone who works in that department could see,
and having an employee on commission would also
keep county department administrators on their
toes when it comes to proper distribution of county
dollars. It would take a good candidate out of the race.
I am sure that Mr. Hammond and all of the other
government officials would like to make some
revolutionary changes to make themselves shine through
the cloudy sky left behind by all the recent corruption of
late, but if you really what to shine a positive light on
the situation, resign now!
I will excercise my right to run for county office!

No comments: